To our valued guests at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant and Applewood Farmhouse Grill, I would like to take the time to thank you for your many years of patronage. The staff and I greatly value both you and your families. We truly owe our success to you!
We want you to know that our number one priority is your health and well being in dining with us. We are thankful that none of our stores or staff have been directly affected by the Coronavirus. Measures have been taken to be the most proactive that we can be in keeping close contact with the health department and the CDC on procedures and directives in order to ensure we are following published guidelines. As always, we continue to hold ourselves to strict standards and operating procedures regarding cleanliness. Additionally, we have implemented increased protocols and systems to ensure all procedures are being followed.
We give our promise to you to continue to:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects, surfaces, etc…
- Quintuple cleaning protocols on all regular and extended sanitation efforts.
- Educate team members on prevention and protocols as provided by the CDC
- Maintain strict handwashing guidelines, wearing gloves, and wearing masks
- Ensure that team members on staff are healthy by requiring temperatures checks before entering our building
We have also implemented other health-conscious changes:
- Hand sanitizer in all locations for guests and team members.
- Senior Management is monitoring the COVID-19 updates daily and coordinating efforts with local health agencies as changes occur to ensure the safety of all team members and our guests.
- We have removed all condiments, including salt & pepper, from the guests’ tables and will provide packets and disposable tableware for any guest that requests it.
- All silverware, glassware, and dishware are going through an additional wash and a third additional rinse between guests.
- Seating in each restaurant is being spaced out appropriately, using the guidelines per the CDC and keeping our restaurant capacity at 50%.
- Reinforcing good hygiene practices recommended by the CDC through posting proper handwashing, respiratory etiquette, and stop the spread of germs posters.
In addition, management and many of our staff are ServSafe certified. As suggested by the CDC, we also recommend that our guests remain as healthy as possible by …
- Washing hands thoroughly before eating and drinking.
- Avoiding touching your face with hands
- Covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Staying home if you do not feel well
The health and safety of our welcomed guests and team members is of utmost importance to us. We pledge not to allow current disruptions to negatively impact our ability to serve and please you in your dining experience with us. Applewood remains open and welcomes you to come back to the Smoky Mountains for a visit. We will keep the Fritters hot!
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
William B. Stokely, IV
President, Orchard Foods